FMP 6- Lighting and Prop Blockout

 I continued experimenting with lighting this week, as well as importing the mod kit and materials into the Houdini tool. I also made a floor planks material, a simple max script and made the ceiling pieces align with the wooden beams, as the seams in the ceiling were quite obvious. 

Lighting in test level with blocked out desks

Unbuilt lighting in final group level

The room required lamp light to make everything visible, and to highlight areas of interest. These will be placed differently in each classroom depending on the narrative, in the screenshot it highlights what will be a filing cabinet. There are still lighmap issues which should not be there according to the lightmap UVs, which I am still trying to fix. 


The floor planks use the same graph as the wall planks with different tile settings. The other parameters are also slightly different to add some variation to the overall wood in the scene.


The image above shows my plan from this week onwards, however the weather system might not be my second tool as I have not settled on a specific tool yet. I will be making smaller scripts to make our workflow more efficient, and I started this week with a script that resets the xform, collapses the modifier stack and converts the meshes to editable polys. Most of this week was spent importing meshes and materials into the building tool, which was extremely slow because of the problems I have been having with Perforce and Unreal. I also adjusted some of the UI elements, as collapsible folders do not work in Unreal.



Comments

Popular Posts