Shaders- Reflection and Analysis

 The eyes are the only shader that has changed since the previous blog, as I did not have enough time to fix anything else. The plain metal adds more contrast to the shader, and I added raised normals around the eyes to imply that they sit in the metal rather than on it. 

This project was a huge learning curve for me, as it was my first venture into tech art. I will definitely be incorporating tech art into my FMP, as the logical and mathematical challenges were quite refreshing for me. I would have liked to blend the shaders into the environment more, maybe using decals or extra meshes, and some particle effects like smoke etc. I also need to find a way to resume play between activating and deactivating "show cursor", as swiching the cursor's visibility when activating the notes device seems to take the player out of the play window, requiring them  to click back in again. Another problem is that the dark fibers' movement needs to be dampened where it intersects with other geometry in order to imply that they are attached to the intersecting mesh. I wanted to use a depth fade node for this, however this can only be used on translucent materials, and there does not seem to be an equivalent for opaque materials.

Comments

Popular Posts