Viking Table 5

 The diorama is nearing completion, with the lighting and base finished this week. I have also started fixing the axe, based on feedback received from my mentor, and textured the next set of props. I based the plinth on a viking house floor, and used vertex paint to apply dirt in the ambient occlusion. I mapped the plank texture onto the top of the plinth, so the planks would tile evenly, and used the plain wood texture on the remaining polys. 

The props were textured using similar techniques to the previous set, however I needed an opacity map for the map, and the apple was more difficult to get right. I used the rough wood texture for every wooden object, with several layers of colour variation and height information. 


The lighting will emulate a house in a burning village, with a mixture of warm firelight and cold moonlight. I spent quite a long time messing with the fog settings to get the background correct, but I decided to just make it black. 

The axe needed more shape and construction accuracy, so I made the edge much bigger and moved the head so that the shaft slides into the protruding section of metal, rather than in front of it. The shape is better now I think, however this has meant that I needed to reunwrap and pack each prop, and I need to redraw the masks in every single texture. 




Comments

Popular Posts