Viking Table 3

 I received a lot of feedback this week, mainly for the prop textures, so I decided to rework them a bit. It took me a while to get the sea wear on the shield up to scratch, but I fixed it by adding more colour variety and a gradient to portray the water level. I also added a clean edge to the axe, reduced the noise and added some height variation to each metal material to imply a hammered finish. 



I finished off the retop of the table, and unwrapped it on to separate sheets. I then baked the tabletop, with many errors I needed to fix in 3DS Max and Photoshop. I painted out the shadows that didn't look correct and reimported the map into Substance Painter. The bake required mesh name separation, which fixed many of the most obvious errors. 





The table seemed like it needed some extra props from a quick sketch I did, so I modelled a treasure box and a bowl of food. These will go on the same texture sheet as the map, and will be baked to incorporate a high poly version of the food bowl. I used the shift tool break the shape of the treasure box slightly, as the edges were too straight. 









Comments

Popular Posts